Philanthropy in action.
Our club was formed in 1892 by twelve women who met regularly in their homes. Originally named the Woman’s Colombian Club, the name was changed to Batavia Woman’s Club (BWC) in 1895. In 2017 we heralded our 125th Anniversary!
Today, our membership expands over the Fox Valley and beyond. While we proudly keep our Batavia name from 1895, we have members from St. Charles, Geneva, North Aurora, Sugar Grove, West Chicago, Elgin, and Aurora. Everyone is invited!
BWC is a non-profit 501c3 philanthropic organization. We are dedicated to community improvement by enhancing the lives of others through our community service. We focus on education and literacy, the environment, family and social issues with an emphasis on the welfare of women and children.